Waterfront, Secluded, on Deer Isle, Maine. Privately situated, open & sunny oceanfront rustic cabin with 3 acres & 300 ft of shore frontage on Northwest Harbor, on prestigious Dow Road. Walk the beach or bring/rent your kayaks & canoes and explore beautiful Northwest Harbor, Deer Isle, & Penobscot Bay, or enjoy the wooded seclusion this cottage affords. Less than a mile to the center of Deer Isle village, walk to pick up your morning coffee & pastry, visit the local shops, or take advantage of a variety of nearby amenities.
Excellent views of water and surrounding spruce woods. Cathedral ceilings add to the light, open and cheery feel. Enjoy the well equipped kitchen, relax inside on the comfortable furnishings, or step outside to the large deck with outdoor seating - adirondack chairs on the lawn. Cottage sleeps 2 in its 1 bedroom, plus 1 adult or 2 kids on the family room futon, and includes a Pack 'N Play in the closet for an infant or toddler.
This is a no smoking property. No parties or events. Pets with permission; please ask.
Check-in is anytime after 4PM and check out by 10AM
Arriving by boat? The harbor is protected in all directions except the Northwest, and features a fairly flat basin with a generally muddy bottom. There's plenty of depth at low tide in the heart of the harbor for all but the largest-drawing boats (i.e. Shamrock V), so you can anchor safely in most conditions.
- Sleeping Accommodations: 1 Bedroom with queen-size bed, plus 1 double-size futon in family room, plus 1 Pack 'N Play travel crib for infants and toddlers. Cottage comfortably sleeps 3 adults or 2 adults, 2 kids, and 1 infant/toddler in total. Sheets & Blankets included.
- Bathroom: 1 full bath located off the bedroom with tub/shower. Towels, shampoo, conditioner, & soap included.
- Kitchen & Dining: Full kitchen with coffee maker, dishes & silverware, stove, oven, refrigerator, microwave, lobster pot, pots, pans, oil & salt & pepper & other cooking essentials.
- Heat, Hot Water, & Cooling: Hot water included. Heat provided by new (2019) Rinnai propane heater in family room. Windows open and a venting fan at the ceiling peak pulls hot air out of the cottage.
- Gas Grill: located on deck
- Internet: Wifi included
- Adirondack chairs
- Books, games, playing cards, etc.